Contact Justine?

Discuss building, using, and modifying the Rotary Un-Smartphone.
swolfson

Contact Justine?

Post by swolfson »

Hi sorry for using the board for this but mail is bouncing has Justine Folded Sky's Edge?
joelsef

Re: Contact Justine?

Post by joelsef »

Oh my. The website is still up FWIW!
https://skysedge.com/
magnetosphere

Post by magnetosphere »

Mail to info@skysedge.com is indeed undeliverable, last I checked.

I ordered two RUSP kits around May of 2022. I thought they would come in November, as was the estimate at the time of my purchase; but I see from the most recent youtube video update that there were some bad production runs and delays due to chip shortages.

The delays were unforseen, and actually I forgot I used a temporary e-mail address which subsequently expired, so I never got updates on the order status from that e-mail address! And I didn't realize this until earlier this year! I was sortof expecting the kits to just show up at some point.

I've tried forwarding the order confirmation e-mails to justine@skysedge.com a few months back ; no response (who likes e-mail anyways? I sure don't)

I also tried to forward to info@skysedge.com but those messages bounced back, undeliverable.

My most recent attempt was to contact her at her work e-mail, but only to ask what the right e-mail to contact her at is. Surely she doesn't want skysedge related e-mails at her bnl e-mail.

I think the kits will be well worth the wait. I'm not upset about it, but I don't know why the lead time for new orders is 3 months when I'm still waiting for these two kits ordered two years ago?
Sneering

Post by Sneering »

Anyone have any idea what's going on with this project. I placed an order in early December thinking it'd only be a few months, but reading magnetosphere's comment has me a little worried. I really don't mind waiting, but the site says there's a three month backlog not several years.

I'm sure there's an explanation, but some communication would be great. The last update I saw was that she was dealing with a bunch of requirements to get it approved to connect to US networks. I can't even begin to imagine the hassle. Still, it would be nice to know what's going on.
magnetosphere

Post by magnetosphere »

Sneering wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:26 pm Anyone have any idea what's going on with this project. I placed an order in early December thinking it'd only be a few months, but reading magnetosphere's comment has me a little worried. I really don't mind waiting, but the site says there's a three month backlog not several years.

I'm sure there's an explanation, but some communication would be great. The last update I saw was that she was dealing with a bunch of requirements to get it approved to connect to US networks. I can't even begin to imagine the hassle. Still, it would be nice to know what's going on.
I think in my case, this delay was most likely due to an oversight on my part - i.e. an e-mail that I missed which i assume must have been sent after the original november 2022 expected delivery date passed ; or perhaps even before then if the delay was anticipated. What can she really be expected to do if someone doesn't answer their e-mail? Maybe send a letter? LOL

Since my previous post here, I sent another e-mail to info@skysedge.com and it did not bounce back ; however I have yet to receive a reply.

My only serious (yet totally speculative and unfounded) concern or fear is the possibility that Justine may have fallen ill with some serious condition since the last video update - God forbid! There's a lot of that going around these days. Similarly, if anyone in her family had fallen ill with a serious condition, it might affect production as well.

I can scarcely imagine the stress that an undertaking such as this might cause a person. It's apparent from the last video update that things did not go exactly as planned. But I believe everything will work out. At least, I have my fingers crossed.

So I'm wishing you all the best, and especially good health, Justine. Whenever you might read this.
JoeStuff

Post by JoeStuff »

Hey folks,

I would also like to know what's going on. I bought in December 2022 as well. Still being patient, because I believe in the project, but I'd sure like an update. :D
The Rigger

Post by The Rigger »

Justine just sent out an email update to the RUSP mail list; it hit my In Box today.

Reader's Digest Condensed Version:
Option A kits are being sent out now, Option B complete phones may be sent out later on this year?

Sky's Edge has four new employees and an intern. They are working on phones and kits and (more to the topic) helping to answer emails!

If "info@skysedge.com" is bouncing, try "support@skysedge.com" instead. As a Last Resort, try "justine@skysedge.com."

...And now you know what (little) I know. HTH, HAND, &C.
Government Employee Haiku:
Hey, man, not my fault.
Talk to my supervisor.
Is it time for lunch?