Missing Parts

Discuss building, using, and modifying the Rotary Un-Smartphone.
Dan W

Missing Parts

Post by Dan W »

I know a couple missing parts were mentioned in the "Received my kit!" thread, but if anyone else might be missing things, it can go here!

I either didn't get my PTFE filament or lost it. (I'm pretty good at that some days)

If anyone would be willing to tell me the diameter of the filament I'd be willing to procure my own so I can continue with the build.
Dan W

Re: Missing Parts

Post by Dan W »

My lame excuse for internet sleuthing has revealed to me that the diameter is likely 1.75mm. However, PTFE filament seems to be a rather specialty product, as the closest thing I found that fits the bill is a PC/PTFE filament that is typically a bit cost prohibitive. So unless there's an approved substitute that I can use, I'll just sit tight.
justine

Post by justine »

Hi Dan,

I'll go ahead and send you some, sorry! I called it PTFE and got it on McMaster-Carr but you have to get a pretty long piece of it and you need so little, so I'll drop it in the mail. Also, I'm trying to remember if it's *actually* PTFE (might not be).
rwyeth

Post by rwyeth »

Have the missing directional springs gone out?
Thanks,
Robert
justine

Post by justine »

They have Robert, I know I'm a couple days late with my emails. But they went out Wednesday I think (or whenever I said).
rwyeth

Post by rwyeth »

The directional spring(s) arrived today. However, it looks like the post office ignored the "Non Machinable" stamp on the envelope. I'm not sire they will work after being flattened.
Robert
Attachments
20230515_194457.jpg
20230515_194457.jpg (229.7 KiB) Viewed 11574 times
justine

Post by justine »

How sad! The poor guys. I sent you an email and will send them in better packaging tomorrow :/
rwyeth

Post by rwyeth »

Thank you!
Dan W

Post by Dan W »

Got the filament squared away and ran into a snag getting ready to put the two boards together. I read the step, "Orient the Cam Gear so that the lobe is facing the limit switch’s roller." and thought: wait, what switch?
MissingSwitch.jpg
MissingSwitch.jpg (252.55 KiB) Viewed 11293 times
So anyway, if you can send me a switch, I'll get it attached and continue with the assembly process!

(A little soldering never hurt anyone)
(I'll get to try out my modified extraction fan too)
Terry

Long spacer

Post by Terry »

I'm not sure if I lost the long spacer or didn't recieve it. Does anyone have a height measurement for it? Is there a revised height? Thanks!