Robot camera input

Discuss using and implementing the NearZero motor controller and the RoboWheel hubmotor.
andyinyakima

Robot camera input

Post by andyinyakima »

I am looking for input on camera usage for robot vision.
Would like views on camera abilities and supporting open source code (prefer C/C++ but will look at python)

I will be using the cameras on robots inside and outside. The outside cameras
will be in harsher daylight and temperatures (-20C to 40C). I would like the cameras
to support robot navigation and utilitarian duties like picking up objects using a robot arm.

One other thing I would like info on, is an outside PTZ camera that works on 5 -24 volts
and has wifi capabilities.

There are many cameras out there. I have purchased USB web cam,raspberry pi cameras,
Intel cameras D435, T265 and lately Pixy2. Am trying to use these in my robot project but finding
short comings. I figure it is time to maybe look for input from others.

Thank you for your time!
Andy

Spot

Re: Robot camera input

Post by Spot »

Hy,
it seems that you have quite a broad range that you want to cover,
Most kamera systems that work well have a limited ust but they work well.
Perhaps if you specify your usage more one could help.
Dependent on the job a combination of the cameras would be in order.

At first i would suggest the pixy but there you can only see diffrent colors and the the angle and position of the things.
In a few months they will bring out a new camera im one of the first to recive it its suppost to recognise patterns.(people cats )
So both have they use case perhaps you even want a smal lidar system.

PS: can you please take a look in my post driver for windows 10 perhaps you have a answer i would appiciate that a lot thanks

andyinyakima

Re: Robot camera input

Post by andyinyakima »

Spot

Yes, I can get my cameras to function pretty well, except when i
ssh (headless) into my Jetson Nano. I did get my 2nd Pixy2 (first one had problem) to work on Jetson Nano,
but when I ssh it was so slow I thought I broke it. I might still use it working off an Arduino.

I was looking at an OpenMV camera but they haven't done anything for the Jetson Nano.
Also looking at ArduCam and e-con Systems but before spending anymore money I need
to get input from multiple sources.