Near Zero 2

Discuss using and implementing the NearZero motor controller and the RoboWheel hubmotor.
andyinyakima

Near Zero 2

Post by andyinyakima »

I just looked at the current specs for projected Near Zero 2 (30 amps).
Is that total or each motor? Will the heat sink be enlarged?

I have been working on an ag robot for over a year now. It has 4 wheel chair motors run by 2 > 2x60 Sabertooth controllers.
The motors have 13" tiller tires.

I was going to attach a jpg but I think I will have to shrink it's size.
Anyhow I believe it is time to upgrade to BLDC.

I may also make a smaller version for inside.

I notice that Justine's robot is running a Jetson Nano. My robot also runs a Nano but I upgraded to the industrial module.
It runs at below freezing -20 C and the OS resides in emmc meaning it can handle shock better.
The old SD card module quit when I jostled it around on bumpy terrain or when I took it outside on freezing day.

Please info when Near Zero 2 becomes available.

Thank you,
Andy

andyinyakima

Re: Near Zero 2

Post by andyinyakima »

http://skysedge.us/forum/download/file. ... view&id=69

So would the Skys Edge wheel work here? (see attached)

So what will the price of the Net Zero 2 mobility package be?

Can a person pre-order?
Attachments
test-30p.jpg
test-30p.jpg (109.6 KiB) Viewed 819 times

slomobile

Post by slomobile »

Not sure about NearZero2 but I'd like to know more about your AG robot with wheelchair motors. Is it tank steer? Or do you point the wheels? I've been trying to figure out a good way to pivot those beefy things. RodoWheel sure makes that simpler.

andyinyakima

Post by andyinyakima »

It's tank steer, all motors are rigid mount to the chassis. To turn left I decrease the speed on the left wheels, to turn right decrease speed on right wheels.
The motor controllers are set up as packet serial. Each controller has its on packet number. I believe it should be able to work similarly with I2C.
Also pivots on a dime. I incorporated check boxes for each controller so I can shut off rear wheels or front wheels this allows me to pivot up to a wall.

I'm happy with it but with brushless motors I should be able to make the robot go perfectly straight where as the brushed wheel chair motors have a tendency to drift.