New "Rotary Un-Smartphone" SIM card questions

Discuss building and using the 3G rotary cell phone kit. If you're seeking help or would like to help others, this is the place to post.
beeblebrox666

New "Rotary Un-Smartphone" SIM card questions

Post by beeblebrox666 »

I sent an email regarding this, but thought the topic would be useful to others interested in the new pre-order device. To clarify sim card usage and setting up the phone with a cell phone provider.

Sim card situation. I am considering your phone however, my phone carrier that I would use this with is Safelink. When I put my current smart phone onto their service I had to directly call their customer service to get it to work. Just swapping out the sim card from my previous phone did not work. So with that, are there any code numbers from the phone unit you provide that would need to be provided like IMEI number for example. I also believe that my current sim card is a micro one. I should be able to get another sim card from my provider as a last resort if need be. Also, some phones do not have a sim card at tall, how then would you activate your phone in that case. (My other regular phone is on a Verizon account, no sim card...so how could I add your phone there if I wanted to do that? {with a new phone number})

I am also hoping that your new model does not have to bend the ePaper. That seems like a problem looking for a place to happen...